- 26-Apr-2013 to 31-May-2013 (PST)
- Pension Service
- Portland, OR, USA
- Full Time
PENSION DEPARTMENT SUPERVISOR
If you have the motivation and ability to supervise, train, evaluate and develop employees to their potential, this position in our Portland, Oregon office may be for you.
Position Summary: The supervisor is responsible for administrative and technical supervision of 9 bargaining unit employees.
Primary Responsibilities (Essential Functions) and Performance Measures: Provide orientation to new employees - acquainting them with department operating methods, equipment, and company policies.
• Coordinate training of new employees with staff members, creating benchmarks in the training process to evaluate results.
• Monitor quality and quantity standards for all employees, setting goals to improve performance.
• Implement disciplinary actions according to company policies.
• Conduct individual performance evaluations as required by Company policy, following up on individual performance problems, and recognizing top performance.
• Assign the work of the clerical staff - making allowances or adjustments for absences, vacation and special projects.
• Ensure compliance with all Company policy and procedures, including, but not limited to, building security, system security and personnel policies.
• Provide ongoing or cross training, as needed, to ensure the staff is prepared to meet the needs of the department for all Pension Plans.
• Provide monthly (or other) reports to the Manager to monitor special projects, individual productivity and work quality for all Pension Trusts.
• Conduct meetings as necessary to introduce Plan, system, or administrative procedure changes.
• Maintain work flow in accordance with system and administrative procedures.
• Oversee and monitor annual Plan mailings, including the follow-up on returned notices.
• Review referrals and provide assistance with Benefits Review Committee appeals for all Plans.
• Perform the Analyst function for NWA Pension clients.
• Supervise the monthly check runs for the NWA Pension clients.
• Communicate with Seattle personnel on troubleshooting issues
• Monitor critical reports to ensure the claim determination requirements of the Plan are being complied with on an individual and departmental basis.
• Respond to difficult telephone calls from Plan beneficiaries.
• Be able to present Plan information for Membership meetings and field visits.
• At the discretion of the Manager, additional supervisory responsibilities may be assigned.
Experience, Knowledge and Skills Required to Perform the Job: Working knowledge of Word, Excel, and Power Point is required. Kronos attendance and payroll system experience will be beneficial. Must have good analytical, organizational, and attention to detail skills. Technical knowledge of the Defined Benefit Pension Plans and administrative procedures is desirable. The ability to learn the claim processing procedures and use of critical reports. Ability to communicate effectively with members, union officials, and staff at all levels.
The hours are 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Benefits include medical, Rx, dental, vision and 401K.
Please stipulate salary requirements with your resume and send to the following address:
If you have the motivation and ability to supervise, train, evaluate and develop employees to their potential, this may be the position for you. You will supervise employees who are involved in the administration of employee benefits. You will also be responsible for preparation and recording of bi-weekly payroll; completion of periodic employee evaluations; and handling employee disciplinary actions.
-Ensure quality and quantity of work performed by individual employees consistently meets established standards
-Ensure customer inquiries are responded to timely
-Develop and evaluate employees using leadership skills, motivation, goal setting, feedback and follow-up.
A MINIMUM OF 3 YEARS of supervisory experience is required. Strong computer experience, and with Microsoft SharePoint preferred; experience with Kronos software is ideal. COBRA, health insurance or healthcare experience would be helpful and is desired, but not required. You must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, and strong interpersonal skills. You must also possess the ability and desire to effectively coach others and be able to address employee and personnel issues in a timely manner. The hours are 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. Benefits include medical, Rx, dental, vision, and 401K. Salary DOE.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!